Our Houston Research Center focuses on research and innovation in geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering, production technology, drilling, and sensors development to advance the discovery and recovery of oil and gas. Located in Houston’s Energy Corridor, the center neighbors the nation’s leading petroleum engineering universities, labs, manufacturers, and service companies.
This position provides high-level technical analysis, guidance and innovation to the solution of Exploration, Technology or Reservoir Characterization problems. Candidate will perform research with a multidisciplinary team to develop directions in quantitative sedimentology with a strong emphasis on sediment transport at reservoir and basin scales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pursue research and maintain awareness of novel developments in numerical simulations related to constructing accurate geologic subsurface models to understand the geological structure, rock characteristics and the likely distribution of oil/gas/mineral-bearing strata
- Use broad knowledge and experience in sedimentology and stratigraphy to guide research related to areas including sediment transport
- Link integrated research efforts that may include but are not limited to unconventional resources, hydrocarbon systems evaluation, source-rock analysis, reservoir quality, environments of deposition, reactive transport modeling
- Interface with external institution(s) for outsourced analyses and collaborative research as appropriate
- Use skills in quantitative sedimentology and stratigraphy to support the evaluation of geological data in an area, and prepare and make presentations to management or the government, illustrating different geologic problems and presenting conclusions or recommendations that have a high probability of improving results or resolving those problems
- Prepare written reports on geological or computational procedures or activities, where an expert judgment is required to evaluate potential applications to Saudi Aramco exploration objectives.
- Undertake or direct specialized studies on applied research or specific problems leading to new Exploration, Technology or Reservoir Characterization concepts
- Act as a technical advisor, provide highly-experienced counsel and direction to other geoscientists, apply the techniques of their specialized field in the various studies and research projects in progress
- Consult with Geological management and Company geologists on the effectiveness of methods being employed by Exploration, and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Function as an advisor in sedimentology and stratigraphy or representative of Aramco Services Company (ASC) at conferences or meetings held with technical representatives of geological contractors, competitor companies, research institutions, academic laboratories and with leaders in field of specialty
- Represent ASC at outside meetings that discuss complex problems, when decisions are being arrived at concerning future approaches and directions of investigation
- Constantly keep up to date in specialized discipline by reading technical journals and attending technical society sessions to ensure all recent developments are used in Saudi Aramco’s Exploration Organization
- Prepare and make presentations to management, for the company and government agencies, if warranted, illustrating different geologic problems, results and conclusions
- Perform the administrative functions required to implement the studies and research assigned to candidates discipline
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or a related science required; graduate study in a specialized discipline of Geology, a related science or other extended special training is desirable; advanced degree preferred
- Five to nine (5-9) years of experience; candidate must be highly regarded and accepted as an expert in their principle discipline by their peer group.
- Must have knowledge of the physics of depositional processes.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals strongly preferred
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend both orally and in writing, accurately, clearly and concisely in English at the high level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must be knowledgeable of relevant industry practices including scientific and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, and codes, standards and specifications
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED